Mom's and Dad's should not be allowed to have the stomach bug at the same time!
Most of the month of December we have spent sick. This is par for the course and happens every Winter. Head colds, coughing children all through the night, ear infections, lots of visits to the doctor to help Abby with her asthma, a roto-virus, another head cold, and sinus infection.
The worst was a week before Christmas. We'd just had 2 snow days so I really needed to get out and finish my Christmas shopping. Dan started with the stomach bug first and was sick all through the night. I felt fine that morning, got the kids off to school and was down in Rockville with Clara when it hit me. I picked up Abby early from preK and made it home just in time to realize that the school nurse had called twice about Tess. Dan picked up Tess and dealt with her first bout of fluids coming out both ends. Dan and I took care of sick Tess amidst our visits to the bathroom. MISERABLE.
Clara wouldn't go to anyone but me and just fussed unless I was right next to her. I spent the majority of the evening on the hall floor next to the bathroom allowing Clara to climb on me. MISERABLE.
Mom's shouldn't get sick. Mom's and Dad's should never be sick with a stomach bug at the exact same time. Luckily that bug only lasted about 48 hours. I think we have filled our quota of sickness for the Winter season, one can only hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment