Aimee totally spoiled us with a trip to Williamsburg's Great Wolf Lodge. It rained every day so it was perfect to be inside at a water park. The kids loved it. Clara stuck to the kiddie area, lazy river, and wave pool. I went down lots of slides, including the "tornado" once. It wasn't until the very end that Dan saw a sign that said pregnant women shouldn't go on any slides. Oh, well. It was fun! I do have to say that next time we will all bring multiple swim suits. It was a cold awakening to put on the wet suit and race back down to the water park after having a short break in our room.
The room we stayed in had a fun log cabin area just for the kids with bunkbeds and their own TV. Heaven I tell you. We even had a fireplace in our room. We packed lots of food and ate out once a day. We did venture out to walk downtown colonial Williamsburg. It rained on us despite our trying to jinx the weather by buying some umbrellas. We went into the European candy shop and bought lots of candy. Aimee and I discovered the red-strawberry and green-apple sour strips were the exact same from Germany. I was in heaven!
We came home in time to do our own New Years celebrating.
It was a great, family focused week with Aimee. I can't say how many times as I would feel so depressed from feeling like I had the flu constantly I thought of Aimee coming and it gave me something to look forward to. I miss my family. We love Aimee beyond words! I just wish we lived next door to each other. Maybe one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment