Friday, September 9, 2016

Dan's First Ever Birthday Party

Dan turned 42 this year. I finally got to throw him a birthday party. We kept it low-key, since that is all I could really handle with a colicky baby. I did simple refreshments of a veggie tray, crackers and cheese and some fruit. Shauna Bastian, my very talented friend, insisted on making Dan an ice cream cake. The kids helped me decorate. I printed pictures of Dan over the years and posted them on the balloon strings. It looked festive and was fun for everyone to look at. I made up a quiz for the guests of "how well do you know Dan". I arranged to have our next door neighbor, Brooke, come babysit in the basement while the adult only party happened upstairs.

It was a fun night. The quiz was a hit and the questions a great conversation starters. We had the Howell's, Bastian's, Kigin's, and Taylor's attend. Bonnie and James had planned to come but their babysitter never showed up.

I think Dan enjoyed it. It was fun to just focus on him.



No comments:

Post a Comment