Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First Day of School 2017

It's a big year for us with Clara starting Kindergarten and Tess starting Middle School.

Jake starting 7th Grade.


I think it has really helped Tess to have an older brother whose been there done that! She has been nervous about all the normal stuff; finding all her classes, using her locker, changing for gym class ect. Dan gave her a beautiful blessing on Monday night that calmed her nerves and so this morning she was ready to go. Dan drove them this morning. This afternoon I'm going to meet them and help Tess with her locker. The plan is that they'll take the bus in the morning (7:25a.m.) and I'll pick them up after school (3p.m.).
Tess starting 6th Grade 

I took a quick picture before Dan gave Clara her first school blessing. She was all smiles and sat perfectly still. After she came to sit next to me and asked "Can I go again?" 

 Clara starting Kindergarten
Clara has been ready and waiting for this day for a long time! No nerves all excitement! She has Ms. Vosburg and our neighbor Kate in her class (of 22). After the open house, where she got her "sorting hat", we had Kate come over and the two of them decorated their hats. All kindergarteners will be wearing their hats the first couple weeks of school as they come and go so they are easier to spot and help. After getting the girls on the bus Dan, Aubree and I raced over to the school and got there just in time to watch Clara walk off the bus. She was the first one off and waved at all the adults waiting to greet her who she's known for years now.  She owned the place! She walked into the school and didn't look back once. 



Abby starting 3rd Grade
 Abby has been so excited to be the "big sister" for Clara. I loved that they held hands at the bus stop. Abby wants to sit with her on the bus and walk her to school. Unfortunately once we saw Clara get off the bus Abby came off the bus in tears and walked over to us upset she didn't get to sit with Clara or walk her to her class. Luckily a sweet teachers assistant went with Abby to see Clara get settled in and then walked her to her class. She has Mrs. Biggs this year. She is nervous about not having any of her friends in her class but I think she'll make friends quickly...she's such a fun and happy little girl who wouldn't want to be!




 It took awhile for the bus to finally come...


 Clara getting off the bus at Kemptown waving hello to Laura Jones the counselor.



And just like that it's back to scheduled life. Aubree and I will need some time to adjust to each other again! I always feel nervous for the kids, knowing all too well how hard change can be, but am excited to see what this school year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment