My Trip
I left late Wednesday, June 26th. Because of computer and baggage problems Abby and I literally ran, just like in Home Alone, to our plane and made it just as they closed the doors. That wasn't exactly a peaceful way to start a 4 hour flight with no dramamine. Thankfully I didn't get sick and was able to keep the girls happy. It was so good to see my parents waiting for us at the airport.
From Thursday-Monday I visited with family, got my hair done ($50 for cut and color AWESOME), shopped with my sisters and mom, and had a grand ol time just being with my family. Brad and Donna completed a Holt family reunion at Aspen Grove and then crashed at mom and dad's while they did all the mission prep shopping for Mark who enters the MTC on the 31st of JULY!
Abby Breinholt and Abby Barnhurst. Loved playing together.
I visited my grandma and grandpa a couple times.
Grandma gave me a beautiful glass sugar and creme set she was given on her wedding day. I will cherish them. Love her!
We all left on Tuesday morning to drive to Flagstaff Arizona for our family reunion...a separate blog post or two. Driving with my Mom, Dad, and Aimee is the way I'd like to always travel. I sat in the front to keep from getting car sick while Aimee and Mom entertained my girls for 8 hours. It was great.
After the Reunion I drove back with Dan and the kids. (Mom and Dad swapped cars with us so we could all fit in one. We drove their minivan and they drove our honda civic.) We stopped at Cedar City to see Blake and some of his boys. Blake brought his new dog and a bag of balloons to keep the kids happy. Dan and I haven't seen his boys in a couple years, wow have they changed. It was good to see them. (The pic below makes me laugh--hiding behind Daddy. They keep telling me that they really want one.)
Sheilighn
Blake made Jacob the HULK.
I think Clara was taken with Andrew because of his long blonde locks...he was actually really good with her.
Sean, still fearless and daring! I will never forget taking this kid to Timp Cave and him walking along the edge giving Dan and I a heart attack!
We missed out on seeing Brandon and Michael
Sunday was a special day. Baby Lucas was blessed at church and then they hosted a party to celebrate. So, we went to church with Steve, who is the Bishop of his ward. Dan was able to be a part of Lucas's baby blessing. I even got to meet the birth mom who was there. After Sacrament meeting we went back home to give the kids a much needed nap while Dan drove up to Kaysville to visit with his good friend Vernon. He returned in time for us to go to the party that night.
After geting home around 8pm Dan decided to take Jake and Tess to hike the Y. Aimee, Ken, Ashley and Kaylee joined. (This trip was non-stop GO. I don't know how Dan did it!)
MOnday mornign we spent at BYU getting the much needed Bookstore candy and new shirts. Then we headed home, ate a yummy BBQ lunch Mom made for us and headed to Seven Peaks. SOOO FUN! I love water parks. I can't handle roller coasters because of my weak stomach but man do I love water slides. Aimee, Ken and Ali and family, and Emily and kids joined us. Tess went with Dan and I down the boomerang and loved it. Ken ripped his swimming shorts coming down the boomerang right after us. Luckily he had spandex short on under...we all died laughing. Jake paired up with Ella and was more daring then he would have been on his own, thank you Ella. Abby went down all the slides with Aimee and couldn't get enough of it. We all had a blast!
Tuesday Dan and the kids left bright and early. I spent my last day running last minute errands, packing, and visited with Grandma and Grandpa one last time. That night was the best part of the trip. Lucas was sealed to Steve and Stephanie in the Timpanogos Temple. It was such a sweet experience, I am so glad I was a part of that special huge event!
I had a really hard time leaving. I'm usually good at containing my emotions, not this time. Dad and Mom had to give me two hugs while I cried in the security line. Being an expensive plane ride away is hard. Abby, Clara and I got home 3 days before Dan, finished his trip back.





No comments:
Post a Comment