Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Aches and Pains

Today, I was reminded of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

Abby and Clara are sick. After a week on antibiotics Clara's double ear infection wasn't getting better and she has a croup cough. We headed back into the pediatrician's office where I had to hold her head down on the table for the doctor to look in her ears again. She screamed in pain and I comforted her as best I could. Then it was Abby's turn. She has been wheezing and I was concerned about her oxygen levels. The doctor immediately started a nebulizer treatment for her. With Clara's head on my shoulder I held onto Abby's right hand for five minutes while she wore her purple medicine filled mask. I am grateful for modern day medicine! Abby is now on Albuterol.

Later that same day I held onto Tess's hand as she cried at her orthodontist appointment. She had spacers put in on her top back teeth to prepare for the expander in a couple weeks. All my experience of being in her shoes made it hard not to cry with her. I held her hand talked her through it.

As I was driving home I felt emotionally drained. I had the thought, Heavenly Father, I hate watching my babies in pain, it is really hard! And immediately I though about the Atonement. It was like Heavenly Father was saying, Yeah Becky, Tell me about it!

I felt closer to Heavenly Father and my Savior. And so much gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment