I was up dark and early to have James drive me to BWI. I read a book for a couple hours before taking off on my non-stop airplane. I sat next to a mom with her 3 year old and tried to be as helpful as possible. Our landing was really turbulent and I ended up puking. It took me a while to make it down to Mom, Emily, and Aimee. It was so good to see them. Mom bought us lunch and we went back to Aimee's place for a couple hours. This was the first time I have seen Aimee's town home. She has done a great job making it cozy and comfortable. We left around 5pm to meet up with Dad and Bekah, who had just finished volleyball camp at BYU and was headed to the airport, at the Cheesecake Factory. I split the chicken madeira dish with Emily and then we took our cheesecake to go.
Off we went to see WICKED! The show was even better the second time seeing it. We had amazing seats, front middle balcony. I caught on to a lot more of the witty story line this time and have day dreamed of being Galinda with a Ga ever since.
We dropped Aimee off at her place a few hours of sleep. Dropped off Emily, Ben has been swamped at work so sadly she couldn't come with us to ABQ. Aimee was in Provo and ready to go by 8am. We said a quick goodbye to Dad, tried to see Grandma, and then drove for 11 hours to Socorro.
We only stopped twice, took turns driving and sleeping, and listen to a book the whole way day. It was a fun and successful road-trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment