Friday, August 1, 2014

Albuquerque NM

Monday morning we loaded up and drove to Ken and Ali's new house. They have a big open home and a trampoline, they are set. Well not really, they are still working on buying beds for everyone since Taiwan had built in beds...that's kinda important.



We visited for a few minutes and then met up with Ken, Chuck and some of his kids for lunch. Being in New Mexico, I needed to decide what chile's I liked best. Red or Green.  I'm a GREEN girl.


 Kaylee sat next to me. What a sweetie. I think she and Tess would be great friends!

After lunch I had about an hour at Chuck and Kim's house before heading to the air port. Chuck and Ken are super busy this week since it is leadership week for their company. Chuck and Kim are hosting the big party of 60 plus adults.



 While we were chatting Chuck noticed a little lizard. I was cracking up at Chuck and Lizzie playing with this tiny little lizard.

 Chuck and Charles were making a sandwich out of us girls. 
Charles has changed the most since last years reunion. 

Chuck's backyard is awesome, perfect party place. They have beautiful grass, a pool, basketball court, and play equipment. My kids would be in heaven. Time went way too fast. I wish I'd had another day  but I am so grateful to have been able to make this trip and now that I've seen both their homes I can picture where they are.

My flights home were so great. I took dramamine, I had plenty of leg room and no one beside me on both flights! As I looked out the window during take-off I couldn't keep the tears back. I wish I wasn't air plane flights away from my family. I miss them. I wish I could be supportive to my siblings right now.  I wish I could help Ken and Ali transition back to the USA. I wish I could get to know my beautiful teenage nieces (Rachel and Bekah) better. I wish I could be close to Emily, Ben and their kids. I wish my kids actually knew their Breinholt cousins (once every two years for 3-4 days of everyone is just depressing.) But I AM grateful for what I have and the quick trips I do get to make thanks to my wonderful husband.

I got 4 hours of sleep before motherhood set back in and I was back to life, back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment