My Wish for Your Birthday
I wish I could give you the gifts you deserve;
ones somehow that equal just what you are worth.
I’d search out and give to you diamonds and gems; the things that are valued as treasures on earth.
ones somehow that equal just what you are worth.
I’d search out and give to you diamonds and gems; the things that are valued as treasures on earth.
Though these gifts may be precious they’d pale next to you,
even if they were numbered as sands of the sea.
So what could I give you to show you my love
that’d somehow compare to the gifts given me?
even if they were numbered as sands of the sea.
So what could I give you to show you my love
that’d somehow compare to the gifts given me?
You’ve blended your future and dreams now with mine.
You’ve traded career to establish a home.
You’ve given your health and your comfort and time for gifts symbolized by these four little stones.
You’ve traded career to establish a home.
You’ve given your health and your comfort and time for gifts symbolized by these four little stones.
The topaz for Jacob, the ruby for Tess;
my
first little gifts you brought into this world. Peridot is for Abby, alexandrite for Clara;
as sparkling and bright as these two precious girls!
as sparkling and bright as these two precious girls!
I hope that this gift is a constant reminder of how much your sacrifice means
to us too.
That each day you live is a gift to your family;
Happy Birthday, dear Becky, we’re grateful for you!
Dan
Barnhurst That each day you live is a gift to your family;
Happy Birthday, dear Becky, we’re grateful for you!
Dan wrote this for me a couple years ago when he gave me my mothers bracelet.
No comments:
Post a Comment