Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Aubree at 9 months



Weight: 21.13 91%
Height: 29.5 95%
Head:  47.5 cm 99%
(End of March)

Eating: No Teeth. She loves the pouches we timed her one day and she downed that baby in just over a minute! She eats baby food 3 times a day and nurses ever 3-4 hours. She wants to eat what we eat! I've tried the puff but if I don't put it in her mouth (to the side) she can choke on it which has scared me too much so we've stopped.

On the move: She is finally a pretty stable sitter. We pulled out the waker and she loves it. It is hilarious to watch her waddle back and forth. She's got it down now and can go all over in the kitchen and mudroom. She rolls around and does the bum-scoot thing a little. No where near crawling.

Fine motor skills: She can pick up pretty much anything and stick it in her mouth. I'm teaching her the sign for more and and milk.

Speech: She is saying da da da and ma ma ma but not associating it with us. She mimics our sounds pretty well now.

Sickness: It has been one thing after the next. The mild weather this Winter has been so weird and its made us continually sick. Warm then cold. Aubree finished her antibiotics for her 4 ear infection and then immediately started up with a green runny nose and cough. One more ear infection and we go to the ENT for tubes. I kinda wish we could so that I could finally really get her sleeping better. She got the flu the middle of March, it was awful. She wanted me to hold her constantly and only slept 30 minutes at a time.

Sleep: Is frustrating. She wakes 3-4 times a night. She won't take a pacifier, a sippy cup, or anything other than me. I'm her 24 hour comforter. I love snuggling with her but man am I always exhausted trying to keep up with everyone. She naps about twice a day. The best nap is in the morning usually from 9-1030. Then she's tired again by 1230- or 1 but sometimes only sleeps 1 hour and then that's all I get from her til bedtime at 7. She will take a third nap if we are home in the early evening but I'm chauffeuring kids up from after-school activities. If she sleeps in the car than the cat-nap is all she gets.

Her personality: She wants to be held and loves to be with us. Im so grateful for the older kids help with her. I have Jake and Tess who can hold her for me and Abby loves to play with her. I get the most done at the times they are home to hold her so I can do laundry and vacuum. She has the sweetest smile and the cutest laugh. She gets very anxious around other adults unless I am holding her. I hold her a lot! Oh and she still HATES the car. I do my shopping in between her two naps with Clara. Clara asked me today, mom, why do we always have to eat in the car,why can't we picnic....Aubree cries....I race to get shopping done and get home before Aubree's had it or she screams the entire way home. She starts dancing when music comes on. "Go Aubree" family chanting time she loves and she gets a huge grin on her face and starts dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment