Thursday, March 28, 2013

Clara's 9 months





Clara has officially moved from riding in her car-seat on the buggy to sitting in the seat. This is a picture of her very first time, at Costco. (Abby was insisted to sit with her.) Clara loved it, as you can see. 


She spends her days playing like this...

 and walking around the kitchen in this...


All of the older kids still adore Clara.  I am grateful they have always treated her kindly and gently. Abby told me she can't wait for Clara to grow up so she can play with her. In the past month I've really noticed Tess's ability to be helpful and play with Clara has increased. Clara is more taken with her than she has been in the past and Tess seems more comfortable and interested in caring for her.




She isn't crawling yet. She can rock on her hands and knees but is more interested in being "walked" around. She can scoot around so I can't walk away from her for too long. It is only a matter of time before the gates go up and all the little toys are banished to the older kids room.

She doesn't have any teeth yet but is so interested in our food that she gets frustrated if I don't give her something mushed up while we eat dinner. I feed her baby-food twice a day. I have tried giving her "puffs" but she isn't ready for them unless I mash it with my fingers before putting it in her mouth. She has absolutely no interest in bottles or sippy cups, I can tell she will be hard to ween when I'm ready. 

I finally had her going 8 hours at night before feeding her again. Then she got her first ear infection followed by the stomach flu. So we are back to multiple feedings to get her to sleep at night.

She loves bathtime. The girls love taking a bath with her. Tess got Clara squealing with delight as they played splashing in the tub tonight. I looked at my 2 redheaded girls and couldn't believe that Tess is such a big girl. Time goes by so fast.

She is a mama's girl. If I'm in the room she prefers me. Although at times I need a break, I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment