(Our only time sledding this Winter)
When Clara is crying she is so quick to start singing a song to try to make her happy, it actually works about 80% of the time! Tess enjoys holding Clara and playing with her.
Tess LOVES to color. Recently she has been all about making cards or books. Dan and I especially love finding a surprise card on our pillows that she wrote for us pretending to be us. My card was addressed "To: Becky, From: Dan. You rock to the stars. Do you love me? Becwus I love you."
Here are a couple of her most recent books I had to take a picture of before discarding (shhhhh).
Tess came home very concerned about a friend in school who started crying during writing. She told me his parents are getting divorced. The Dad "has a new girl friend" and her friend had to sleep at his Dad's house but missed his Mom. So sad. Tess thought a card might help him feel better. She has a tender heart!
Tess struggles with anxiety and nervousness about school. She still comes home crying about having an upset stomach (the crying in class is less frequent though). I am grateful her teacher, Mrs Paciotti, takes the time to talk to her about why she is feeling the way she is. It is March and I wish Tess felt more confident at school.
At school Tess has been learning all about India and working hard to creating her own book. All the hard work culminated in an "Author's Celebration Day". Parents, siblings, and grandparents were invited to the classroom where the kids wore their best, were introduced by Mrs. Paciotti, read their books to all the guests, and then ate cookies. Tess really wanted me there. I told her I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it since Abby had been so sick. But luckily I finished up at the doctor just in time to race over to the school. I barely made it. Tess's expression when she saw me was priceless, it is what me staying home is all about! She did a great job.
After all the kids were introduced they held up their books for a big photo op.
Mrs. Paciotti smiling at Tess
James made it to support Benny.
Tess is our fast little runner so we've signed her up for soccer. (I really want Tess to see herself progress and achieve new goals, she is so hard on herself.) Even though she is the only girl on the team she is very excited to be on a team with a bunch of her friends. Steve Kirkham, a family friend, is her coach. They practice twice a week for 85minutes, wow, and games start in April. I got her out of school early last week so we could go buy some fun PINK soccer gear!
Tess and Abby in their new dresses Grandma Barnhurst made.
(Just in time to wear for St. Patricks Day on Sunday.)
I love my delicate 6 year old!





No comments:
Post a Comment