The Fast Sunday after Jake turned 8 he did it. Right after testimony meeting was opened to the congregation he scooted close to me, whispered nervously "Mom, I"m going to go up there" , and briskly walked up to the pulpit. He bore a simple but sweet testimony. He looked out at the congregation, only I could tell, he was so nervous his eyes began to leak. He finished and walked quickly back to sit next to me. I was so proud of my brave little boy!
Cub Scouts
He loves cub scouts. That program is so perfect for him. He loves working towards and accomplishing things especially when there is an award or merit badge at the end. He is such a rule keeper. He goes every week completely in uniform, shirt neatly tucked and all. He loves it, and I love that!
He is recently had his first Blue & Gold Banquet. Weeks ahead his den leader, Nate McKinstry, put together a bag full of trinkets that the boys had to use to make their own invention. Dan helped him make his ideas become something super cool! Dab controlled the hot-glue gun but Jake was right there working right along with him.
Is it a "Can-a-saurous" or a "Soup-a-sourous"? Nope, the final product tuned out to be a DRAGON... at Cub Scout Day Camp! Jake is the one in the dragon's claws. So Cool!
I brought my good camera intending to take a bunch of pictures but then realized the battery was dead. (Love it when that happens) Jake did a skit with his fellow Wolf and Bear den members, which he took very seriously. At the end of the night he was given the award for the invention most likely to "cause forest fires and terrorize cub scouts". His award is currently taped to the footboard of his bed!
Recently he started piano lessons with a friend from the ward, Melissa Howell. He is doing great. He is all about practicing every day to earn his "Bach Bucks". Melissa told me she really enjoys watching his expression as he catches on to something for the first time. I really hope his enthusiasm continues. He is very musically inclined and could really be good at this.
Jake is such a trooper when it comes to being sick. The past 3 months we've been passing a cold or some sort of sickness back and forth to eachother. Jacob's asthma and allergies make a simple cold a lot more miserable and long lasting for him. But I've discovered once again that other than becoming kinda grumpy he really never complains.
Jacob gets to share a room with his two younger sisters right now. It is not ideal but it is the it has to be. Hopefully Clara, now 8 months old, will become a better sleeper and maybe they can share a room. Either way, Jake doesn't have a good place to read at night. We got him a reading light to attach to his books so he can read in bed but Abby stays awake. So sometimes we let him read on our bed and then I move him before I go to bed. I took this picture with my phone while having one of those --my baby boy is a big boy-- moments. I miss his chubby, solid little toddler self!
He has a soft spot for his baby sister, and she connects with him in a special way.




I loved reading this! I did not know our little fella had asthma. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad he likes the piano. One of the best stress relievers I know! And that last picture of him and the baby is adorable. Loved it!
Jake is such a good boy- so grown up and responsible!! We miss your family like crazy!! I'm glad you're still blogging- I love hearing what's going on in your life! And for the record - Cal's a terrible sleeper too! Screaming last night at 1:30, then again at 3:30 and then awake for the day at 6:30! Not so fun when I didn't go to sleep til after midnight! I keep wondering when he's gonna grow out of it!!! Love you guys!!
ReplyDelete