Combo of 2 things she loves: being naked and shoes.
She loves shoes. She finds shoes and stashes them away for me to find days later.
She is such a cuddle-bug. Dan and I love it. She enjoys being held and gives lots of hugs and kisses.
She is learning so much every single day! She loves to sing songs, dance with Abby, and play peek-a-boo. Her vocabulary is bursting with new words. She mimics our sounds and catches onto the new word immediately. She still loves to babble and say Abby about 50 times a day. She calls Buddy- Bubby- it is my new favorite name for our big puppy. She loves to copy me and says "Bubby NO!" after I do or just when she wants to. She can say "mommy, I wan..." or "all gone", and "pa-pee"for passey. She has her version of all the kids names. Abby is as clear as can be. Tess sounds like Dez and Jacob is Dacob. It's cute. I love that she is able to communicate with us now. It makes life so much happier.
She says "go" all day long. She'll reach for my hand and take me where she wants to "go" (usually the door to go outside).
She has a fiery personality to match her hair I do believe. She can be very stubborn but then melts into tears when I reprimand her. I have to be sure that she never gets a hold of a pencil/pen/crayon. I let her color in her high chair but have had to magic erase the walls too many times. She constantly climbs on the kitchen table or up on the drawer handle just below the oven/stove. I now put her in her room for timeout when she does this over and over. The other day she was upset with me and slapped my face (not hard). I immediately put her down. She started to cry and Dan told her to say sorry to me. For the first time she said, amidst the biggest tears "Sowey Mommy". Melt my heart. She now likes to use that phrase.
She is finally saying Daddy when requested! Happy Daddy. Clara has been in nursery since May with Dan but she is finally at the age where she can really enjoy it. (So does Dan)
Dan will make to "guns" with his hands and make a clicking sound at her. She responds with two pointed fingers and her own clicking sound.
She loves Abby. Abby enjoys her most of the time.
She takes one nap (at random times of the day thanks to having 3 older siblings). She is using a sippy cup more and the bottle only at sleeping time. She has mastered using a fork and loves it. She isn't a big eater still. I have a hard time getting her to eat much of anything. She does love sugar, just like her mama.
She loves to play the piano, especially when Jake and Tess are suppose to be practicing. Tess doesn't mind.
Clara has had 3 ear infections in the past two months. This last one the pediatrician put her on antibiotics for 20 days. Dan has read several articles about the over use of antibiotics and we have become concerned with how much she has had over the past 5 months. If she gets another ear infection she will be going to a specialist for tubes. December has been a rough month for her, and me at night. She wasn't sleeping well because of fevers, ear infections or coughing from a cold. She is attached to my hip when she is sick.
She was getting pretty good at balancing on the tramp and started to "jump" before the snow hit.
I can't imagine life without this beautiful baby girl. I just had a traumatic, almost car accident with only Clara in the car with me. The women was looking down at something else and as I veered out of her way she veered the same direction. It wasn't until I honked that she looked up and slammed on her breaks. In those few seconds of me dodging the on-coming car my thoughts were " my baby, don't hit my baby!" I spent a good 15 minutes shaking and crying to Dan on the phone...and we weren't hit. I pray daily that Heavenly Father will help me keep my children safe. I know at that moment the angels intervened for me and my Clair-Bear!



No comments:
Post a Comment