Monday, June 13, 2016

Aubree Kay

Due Date June 26th
Induction Date June 20th
Birthdate Monday, June 13th

Friday, June 10th, I had an OBGYN appointment. I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. I think that Dr. Helmbrect did something to move things along? On Friday night and Saturday night I woke early in the morning timing contractions but then they stopped by about 7am. I was totally frustrated. The weekend would have been a great time to go into labor since Dan was home and Mike and Tara were free. Sunday we went to church and then enjoyed a nice afternoon outside. The weather was beautiful. I decided to try to move things along and walked laps around our backyard. The kids showed their support by running the mile that I walked. It didn't bring on immediate contractions. Not until 130am! I woke with hard contractions and timed them at between 5-10 minutes for hours! By around 4 a.m. I was having a hard time breathing through them and Dan woke. We timed them but they wouldn't stay consistent. But by about 6a.m. I was in tears and had three contractions 2 minutes apart. Dan called Tara and she came right over. We were on our way by 630.  I called my OBGYN on our way and was really disappointed to hear that Dr. Simmonds was the doctor on call. I do not like or trust him based on several friends experiences with him. The entire ride to the hospital was intense, I felt constant contractions.

When we pulled up to the hospital the parking was all under construction. Luckily a man told us exactly where to go to pull into the labor/delivery area. The labor and delivery nurse that was assigned to us was amazing. When we told her this was baby number 5 she got right on top of things. When she checked me I was at a 5 and 90% effaced. She quickly got an IV going and rushed the lab work. Within about 30 minutes she said the epidural was coming. Because the anesthesiologist was stuck in C-sections all morning she asked the ER anesthesiologist to come. After about 15 minutes of really intense contractions and pain of the epidural I started to feel some relief! Hallelujah. And then Dr. Martin appeared-- a sweet tender mercy! At the shift change Dr. Simmonds went home and Dr. Martin started. He kindly asked if I wanted him to break my water and we'd have a baby very soon or if I wanted to rest a little bit. I opted for some sleep. I slept for about 30 minutes while Dan grabbed some breakfast. Then Dr. Martin came in and broke my water and within 5 minutes it was time to push. Only two pushes and baby Aubree was here!  She was born at 10:18 weighing 7lbs15oz and 20.5inches long. Immediately all the nurses commented on her platinum blonde hair. They cleaned her up and gave her to me. She is a perfectly little miracle. Dan stayed with me until school was out and then brought the kids up to see her.

I am so grateful that Tara was able to walk over within minutes. It worked out for her to watch the kids really well since Mike didn't go into work that day until noon. Tara spoiled Clara with shopping, bought her new shoes, Costco, and Chic-fi-la. Tara and Clara picked out little gifts for the rest of the kids.

On the drive up to the hospital Dan said they were listening to a primary song and he noticed Tess had tears in her eyes. The song was about the purpose of life, coming to earth to get a body. Tess was teary eyed as she held her little sister for the first time. I love her sweet and tender spirit.

The kids were full of excitement to hold Aubree. They all can't get enough holding time!

Funny Story:
On the Saturday before having Aubree we took the kids to the pool. Abby totally surprised me and passed the swim test! The water was so cold. As I stood at the edge of the pool a young girl came up and tried to look up under my top! With a total confused look on her face she asked me what I had under there? I told her it was a baby...all the while Dan and I exchanging looks and chuckling...which disgusted this little girl even more. She asked, "Is it moving!?" as my laugh made my belly move. I explained to her that yes the baby does move, but that it was me that time.












No comments:

Post a Comment