My sister Aimee, being the kind person that she is, decided to come help us out in our new house for two weeks this Summer. So, instead of being totally depressed after getting home from our big family reunion I got to plan lots of things to do with my sister who came a week later. Poor Aimee, I had her working hard the entire 2 weeks. Here's what we accomplished:
Painted the basement
Painting the upstairs, trim included, was such a huge job for Dan andI. I figured if I didn't enlist my sisters help now it would be years before our yellow dark basement turned white. Aimee and I spent days painting.
BEFORE
DURING
I bought really nice paint in hopes we would only have to do one coat. Sadly, no. So the morning before Aimee flew home we finally finished the second coat on the big walls. Painting is a major a pain. It looks/feels cleaner and lighter now.
No After Picture Yet
Liberty Bell and a Philly Cheesesteak
Since Aimee teaches the American Symbols in her Kindergarten class we decided we need to visit the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia.
D.C.
And we had to hit up one D.C. site while she was here. The Bureau of Printing and Engraving.
We left the house by 7am, traveled through the rain in traffic that moved the entire way, pulled up next to the ticket booth where Aimee jumped out and quickly got our tickets with only a 45minutes wait, parked, ran to our tour, and where on our way home by 1030. It was the smoothest, quickest trip I've ever had in D.C. Prayers Answered!!
The closest we will ever be to one million dollars!
Happy Husband
Detailed the 2 cars. One of which had disgusting bugs plastered all over the front from a cross country trip. YUCK!
We also made it to the Just Puppies store twice to play with puppies. Aimee was a huge help there since I don't really care to hold dogs, small cute puppies even. I have issues, this I know. But Tess loved it. I snuck a quick picture.
Happy Kids
On top of everything else she helped me clean, feed and entertained 4 kids for 2 weeks.
The kids loved jumping on the tramp with Aimee.
We went to a huge castle park where I normally don't venture to alone,
but with Aimee we had a great time.
Yes, she is amazing. Love her to pieces!







No comments:
Post a Comment