This morning Dan and I drove them to school and walked them to the front door. Jake walked Tess to class before heading in the opposite direction to his classroom. I was nervous all morning for them until I got a phone call from the school. Mrs. Halvis called at about 11a.m. to tell me she checked on Jake and Tess (both waved to her with big grins) and they were doing great. I was so impressed that the school would call me to let me know. I was worried Tess was crying, but not at all! So my butterflies went away. I lined up in the car-rider lane at the end of school and out walked the principle to come over and say hi to us. Mrs. Canning is the principle and neighbor to one of our good teacher/friends at DCP, so impressed. Tess and Jake came smiling out of school. They said they had a "great" day. Tess made friends with the other new girl in her class, Emily, and really liked her teacher. Jake told me he has all his "specials" with our neighbor Michael, he commented "it was Awesome!" He played at recess with Michael and Dalton, our neighbors.
Tonight Dan heard the kids discussing, very adult-like, taking the bus this week instead of next. Tess was super excited about it. So they will now be taking the bus. They are the last to get on and first to get off. With their school only 3 minutes away I'm not worried about them riding the bus but I will drive them if they are mistreated at all!
I'm hoping their first day of school excitement continues.




No comments:
Post a Comment