(we busted up laughing each time we tried to get a picture of all four of us with our iphones. Lizzie's long arms made for some funny faced pictures. so fun!)
Pumped and ready to go!
Emily fake yawning.
We spent Friday and Saturday in NYC. So, in less than 48 hours we...
Laughed. A lot. Lizzie entertained us all by telling us of her grand idea, that she almost did, to wear two layers of cloths so that she wouldn't have to carry anything. When we got home at 130a.m. we were all so tired from our trip that we were slap happy. Liz and Em got us all laughing for a good 10 minutes, crying laughing so hard.
Walked and Walked and Walked. After arriving in Penn Station we decided to check into our hotel and leave our heavy back-packs before heading to the Statue of Liberty. We walked for an hour and a half trying to figure out exactly where the Comfort Inn was. NYC is not like Utah where the numbers make sense, but once we figured out their was an east and west side to the city Aimee was able to navigate where we needed to go.
Statue of Liberty
After sitting on the train for a few minutes Emily noticed a sign that said we needed to be in the first 3 cars to exit at . So frantically ran in and out of subway cars at every stop trying to make our way to the front 5 cars. It was actually really fun. We laughed and ran and laughed and ran. Once at the 5th car we relaxed. It was then that Aimee realized that she had made the reservation to climb to the top of the crown for the wrong day. The Statue of Liberty had been under construction until this July when it open for the public to climb all the way up to her crown. However, tickets could not be obtained on location, they had to be reserved in advance online. Aimee had planned and reserved this back in May but accidentally hit the 1st instead of the 2nd of August. Thankfully everything worked out perfectly despite the mix up in days.I had a throbbing head ache which made the ferry ride not enjoyable for me. After laying on the ground for 20 minutes I was ready to climb the Statue of Liberty. We were able to climb and have the crown all to ourselves, it was perfect.
The original torch.
LION KING
After the Statue of Liberty we had a little bit of time to relax at the hotel and eat dinner before heading to Broadway. Lion King was as amazing as I had expected. The costumes and stage production were amazing, honestly made the show. I can't wait to take my kids to this show.
After the show we enjoyed some Ben and Jerry ice cream at TimeSquare. I thought there were gobs of people during the day but man do they really come out at night! We decided to take our tired bodies to bed rather than explore any more that night.
Saturday morning Aimee and Liz quickly ate breakfast and got in line for the discount broadway tickets. Emily and I checked out of our hotel and met them their with cheap-o NY umbrellas. We got great seats at the Newsies matinee. Then we headed to Central Park to do some bike riding as it rained. I haven't been on a bike in years. We picked up our tandem bikes and did the entire 6 mile loop in one hour.
Notice the wet dirty line up my backside. Awesome!
Yuck.
We ate lunch at the Olive Garden in TimeSquare and did some quick shopping for our families.
NEWSIES
was sooo good! I was giddy like a little girl as the cast of boys started jumping around the stage singing the songs I've sung since I was a teenager. The choreography was packed with energy and everyone had excellent voices. It was AWESOME! Lizzie and I had to buy shirts afterwards.We ate the most yummy, ooey, gooey, peanut butter cookie that Emily will master soon I'm sure. We also ate more dessert at a Europa bakery that was so good.
Ground Zero
Ground Zero was a sobering place to walk around. I can't imagine the horror of being there on 9/11. They are constructing 4 new buildings where the two use to be. We weren't able to go into the museum but were really impressed with the waterfall tribute.
Another awesome Lizzie long arm picture of the four of us.
Empire State Building picture in honor of Sleepless in Seattle
Homeward Bound
We kept mom up to date with lots of text messages and pictures. At one point I texted her "pounding head, happy heart" which sums it up. We had a great trip. It was so fun to be together just the four of us sisters. We wore ourselves out running from one thing to the next but it was so worth it. Thanks Aimee for planning all of this. I think we've started a new Breinholt tradition.
Aimee had the beginning of a yucky head cold when we left for NYC but hung in there all weekend. She crashed on Sunday while the rest of us went to church. We enjoyed perfect weather and a yummy BBQ dinner Sunday night. Then Monday morning my sisters helped me hang pictures around the house before we headed to the airport. Emily and Liz flew out Monday night, Aimee flew home on Wednesday.
My sisters took turns jumping with and entertaining Jake, Tess, and Abby. They loved it.




Oh!! I LOVE this!! What a fun sister activity! My daughter saw y'all's t-shirts at the end and said, "Yummy!" She would be a peanut butter cup too. ;) I am jealous of NEWSIES!!! So fun!!!
ReplyDelete