Thursday, May 31, 2018

Jacob

Jacob has changed the most this year I think. He has reached my height 5'2" and weights about 100pounds. I've told him to take it all in and enjoy the world at his view cause that's how I see it. His feet are bigger than mine and his voice is deepening. He had a physical for scout camp recently where the doctor guessed he'd be 5'9" give or take two. I would be surprised if he doesn't pass that estimation.

We have finally reached the point where we only have to do his allergy shots on a monthly basis. Yay! I really do think the shots have helped this allergy season. He needs braces and hopefully we'll get going on that this Fall.

Jake continues to excels in school. He is a really smart kid and very responsible in keeping up with his work. The kids have missed a lot of school since Christmas but there grades haven't dropped at all. He still enjoys music and is developing his natural talent. He made the all county band this year and really enjoyed performing. I got a kick out of him wanting to listen on youtube to the pieces and really getting into the music. He and Tess just had their end of the year band concert. I think the 7th grade band was the best and was impressive. He has finished his 5th year of piano with Melissa Howell and played his two recital pieces perfectly.

Jake earned money for scout camp this year by selling Krispy Kreme certificates. He is trying to move along in his scouting hoping to have his Eagle by next December when the church is done with the scouting program. Dan does so much to help our scout troop and Jake! He has also earned money mowing lawns. This has been a very wet Spring and the grass has grown so quickly that we have to mow twice a week. He is quick to discover his next big purchase item and researches all about it. He was interested in an apple watch and then transitioned over to a Garmin watch just like Dan's. He has gotten up early to run with Dan a couple times and is really enjoying his new watch. Funny story-- so his watch is linked to my phone. One night everyone was in bed and I was watching Netflix on my phone. The volume kept going up and down. I couldn't figure out why so I turned my phone off and on again. Later to find out that Jake was in his room messing with my volume. Funny kid. Now the next big thing he has his eye on his a remote control plane. He amazes me how quickly he learns new things and could tell you everything thing there is to know about what his new interest is.

He and Tess are enjoying their new rooms downstairs together. Jake is such a great big brother. He really can be so good with them and they each enjoy his positive attention when he chooses to give it. Older siblings can be the best and really have a lot of influence over the younger ones.

The kids playing together making Aubree so happy!
At Jake's allergy shot appointment waiting for the 30minutes to go by. Aubree cracked us up. She went form the silly face above to the one below. I love how much Jake adores her and the feeling is mutual.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment