Monday, April 28, 2014

Faith and Works

After getting our new fireplace installed the next big project was a fire rack. Dan went to work and I think really enjoyed making a nice fire rack for us by the shed. Once he finished that he started pricing out wood. Fire wood is expensive. So Dan prayed he'd be able to find free wood. The very next day I saw that friends of our came home from church to find a tree down in their back yard leaning against their house. We called them and they told us to come get it! So within one day Dan's prayers were answered, sorry Jones's!

Dan took a day off of work to load and unload they extremely heavy tree logs/stumps. I had no idea how heavy wood is! Then we borrowed a wood splitter, for 1/10th of our wood, from some friends and Dan went to work splitting the wood. The entire time Dan was out working with that spliter I was praying Heavenly Father would protect him (and Jake and Tess who helped) from accident. Seriously, it made me so nervous. Thankfully the wood got split without any injuries. When Dan was done he quoted the scripture faith without works is dead... I was the one praying for all 10 of his fingers and  he was the one working!

Then we had a huge pile of wood to get stack in the backyard. So this past weekend, it was perfect Spring weather, we hauled the wood using a wheel barrow and a wagon. It took Dan and I 3.5 hours! Jake and Tess did really well helping us for the first hour without any complaints! We worked until late evening filling the fire rack and then creating a new pile on the other side of the shed. So after a whole lot of prayers and WORK we have enough wood for probably two Winters.







No comments:

Post a Comment