Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Break Part 2

We spent Tuesday with Grandma Riley. We ate lunch at  FATZ Cafe with Rhonda, Jordan and Kristine.  It was sooo good!  Then we headed back to Triangle Road for a visit. Grandma Riley is doing a lot better after being hospitalized twice earlier this year. It was so good to spend time with her, she is such an amazing and strong person. The kids love her toy stash and rootbeer floats! Dan and Grandma talked for a long time together while Rhonda, Kristine and I visited with the kids playing. Each time I get to visit with Rhonda I come away loving her more. I watched her patiently and lovingly stop and listen intently to what her Mom had to say. She is so attentive and thoughtful, I want to be more like her! Time always goes by too fast when we are visiting.











Instead of heading to Charleston on Wednesday we decided being with family was more important. So, we opted for planB, the Zoo. I love the Columbia Zoo, it sure beats the National Zoo here. Hollie, Xan and Grandma came with us. We got to enjoy the "grandma pass" which paied for the kids to do all the rides for free. We started and ended with the carousel (I still can't handle those). We stood in a long line for a train ride and then split up so Dan could take Tess and Abby on a pony ride while the rest of us walked around to see all the animals.













After the Zoo we headed back over to Blythewood. Uncle Wayne and his youngest daughter, Sharla, had just flown in for a week long visit. Uncle Bud came down from Prosperity with Drayton and Kelsey. We had a grand'ol time fishing, having a fire in Uncle Herold's shop, roasting hot dogs, visiting and dancing to Uncle Herold's music. We sure loved getting to know Sharla, Chris and their girls. We stayed up late laughing and enjoying their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment