Today Tess was awarded the "Big Fish" award at school. This is an award given to one student per class based on their good attitudes. To honor the students they got to eat lunch with their parents on the stage. I picked up a special lunch for she and I, Subway was her request, and got to eat lunch with her and the 3 other kids from the other 2nd grade classes. The principle, Mrs. Canning, read a write up from the teachers that nominated the kids to all the 2nd grade and then presented them with their award. When I got there Tess was nervous to stand in front of all her peers with the principle. I'm so proud of her. Dan is in Washington and hated to miss this special time with Tess.
Tess was the last one to be presented the award. I listened carefully to what the teachers were writing about the students. All the kids nominated were good listeners and accomplished their tasks with good attitudes. Tess was actually nominated by Mrs. Rhinehart, a special aid for her class. Mrs. Rhinehart wrote that Tess is always happy, wearing a smile on her face no matter what the task is. Then what stuck out to me was when Mrs. Rhinehart wrote that "Tess never, ever does anything that would make any student not smile!" That's Tess. She is such a sweet, kind hearted happy girl. She seeks out those who need a friend.
Congratulations Tess. We are so proud of who you are.
Above: Tess and her 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Burns
Below: Principle Canning with Tess and I


No comments:
Post a Comment